University of Texas at Arlington
B.A. Communication- Journalism – May 1989
South Texas College of Law
Doctor of Jurisprudence – May 1994
City of Fort Worth
Municipal Court Judge – April 2003 – March 2014
The Beamer Firm
Sole Practitioner – November 1994 – April 2004
- Conducting countless bench and jury trials.
- Explaining legal rights, options and consequences of entering a plea in a criminal matter.
- Approving, explaining, and processing deferred dispositions; defensive driving; alcohol and tobacco probations; teen court; school attendance violations; code violations; probation revocations; bond dockets; and parking appeals.
- Reviewing and issuing alias and capias warrants.
- Conducting magistration duties for defendants in custody for all types of criminal offenses
- (Class C violations – 1st degree felonies)
- Determining indigency status.
- Processing a number of administrative dockets for compliance or dismissals.
- Family Law: Represented parties in divorces, modifications divorce decrees; child support matters; adoption matters; Child Protective Services matters; and parent/child relationship matters. Responsibilities included drafting petitions and answers; representing clients in mediation; drafting and arguing motions for enforcements and motions to compel; taking and defending depositions; answering and sending discovery requests and responses; trial preparation; and trials.
- Criminal Law: Represented parties in all types of criminal cases, including but not limited to, Class C tickets, Class B and A misdemeanors and felonies. Responsibilities included appearing for court hearings; advising clients regarding the consequences of pleas; sending discovery; and defending parties at trial and probation revocation hearings.
- Probate Law: Represented parties in guardianship and mental health matters, including conducting investigations and making recommendations to the court.
- Juvenile Law: Represented juveniles accused of delinquent conduct.